Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Season 1, Day 35 - Unwritten

...because I never figured on seeing a day like this in my lifetime.
right now Obama's got a projected 207 electoral votes. Basically he's got this election in the bag.

I prayed last night that the best man would win. And can I tell you, I've actually gotten a little soft over McCain lately? He has been through an awful lot. So much so that it almost seems as if he's due to win. I know, just because he's gone through some rough time doesn't mean he'd be the best president, but still...

I see the hurt in his eyes and almost feel sad for him. And I'm being real here. So last night I prayed that the right person and best person would win, even though I selfishly want to be able to say, "President OBAMA." I do believe Obama wants the best for everyone. And the fact that he will be our first black president is absolutely telling when you look at where we've been and how far we've come. I am delighted that my 4 year old is growing up in a world where there is truly NO LIMIT as to what he can do or accomplish in this world. But you know what the sad part is? Without intervention from me and the "tribe" raising him, he'd most likely take it as much for granted as the non-voters take their right to vote for granted. To him, having a black president would just be, but it wouldn't be anything all that big. The blood, sweat, and tears shed for this privilege and we actually have folks who could care less.

Well, I'm going to make sure Jordan understands and never, ever takes any of it for granted. He already knows Obama. The other day he called him Morack Obama. lol. I was soooo tickled I didn't know what to do. Anyway, of course I corrected him and then explained how special this election is and why. He may not quite get it now, but I'm sure he will;-)

Peace, Love, Light, & Change!

WE NEED IT.

Vee

No comments: